Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Black Bean Pumpkin Dip

Last time I brought you something that looked as delicious as it tastes-- I will not be doing that today.  For the last few weeks I have been eating what I call "pantry food," a culinary genre that might otherwise be called "Chef Kef is too lazy to grocery shop... let's see what we can create out of whatever is left in the cabinets."  Needless to say, most of these concoctions have not been CuK-caliber.  But this dip is one of the more successful results of the fortnight of foraging, as evidenced by the half of the dish that was empty before I even thought to snap a characteristically-bad photo.

I wish I were even a little embarrassed by this pitiful display of discipline...but I'm not.  
Ingredients
  •  3/4 c tomato sauce
  • 1/2 c canned pumpkin
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 c cheese
  • 2 handfuls of spinach
  • 1 can black beans, drained
  • 3-4 crushed hard taco shells (use blue corn to keep it gluten free)
Assembly
1. Preheat oven to 375. Mix everything together in a big mixing bowl.  Put it in almost anything you'd like to cook it in-- glass would work best, but an aluminum casserole dish would work just as well. No need to grease.
2. Cook for 30-40 minutes, until middle is set and top of dip is browned. 
3. Yep, that's really it.





Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML