Thursday, May 17, 2012

Blueberry-Banana Muffins


Usually, my food tastes better than it looks (and CERTAINLY better than I photograph it for this blog!).  I whipped up a batch of blueberry muffins last night and was pleasantly surprised to find that for once, they looked as good as store-bought ones do.  Now-- the pictures still don't do them justice, but that's just the way it goes sometimes.

In other news, I'm about to graduate from nursing school, BabyKef has TWO Masters' degrees, and I'm getting new orthotics today which means that my month-long running hiatus is OVER. If all THAT isn't reason to praise the Lord, I don't know what is.

Thanks to everyone who helped me study, listened to me whine, and didn't take it personally when I ignored their calls/emails/texts--these juicy muffins are for you!


Ingredients
  • 4 c flour
  • 2 c sugar
  • 5 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 ripe banana, mashed
  • 1 cup lowfat buttermilk
  • 2/3 cup vegetable oil (I used canola)
  • 3 tsp vanilla
  • 1.5 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 cups (12 oz.) fresh ripe blueberries
Assembly 
1. Preheat the oven to 400. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, beat eggs and banana together.  Add buttermilk, oil, vanilla, and cinnamon.
3. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.  When fully combined, add blueberries.  Batter will be very thick.
4. Fill muffin tins about 3/4 of the way.  Cook for 20-22 minutes, or until you can insert a fork into center and it comes out clean.



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML