Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Gratuitious Gratitude #2: Running + High Protein Pumpkin Pancakes

Thank you, Jesus, for creating running.  Let me say that again: THANK YOU LORD FOR RUNNING!

Running is heaven.  It's stress relief, it's exercise, it's brain-boosting, it's cancer-fighting.... really there is no good reason NOT to run.

Unless, of course, you look like this while you do it:
Chef Kefi, finishing the 10k that started it all.


 If you are sitting there thinking to yourself, "I could never run a road race" you are wrong. Dead wrong. Two years ago, a good running week was one during which I ran more than once for a distance of more than 2 miles.  In Jan 2010, I joined a running group, trained, finished the Capitol Hill Classic (an awesome 6.2 mile race) and immediately signed up for the Baltimore Half Marathon (a less awesome but still really nice 13.1 mile race).  Suddenly, I felt like a runner.

So- if you feel like you want to be a runner but aren't sure you can-- sign up for a race and see what you can do! For some inspiration, here is one of the most heavenly creations on this green earth that are GREAT post-run:

Thanks for the image, paleo-project!

High Protein, No Grain Choc. Chip Pumpkin Pancakes
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2-3/4 cup almond butter, depending on how thick you like them
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg 
  • 1 tablespoon agave or honey
  • 6-8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Mix everything together.
2. Plop about 1/4 c on a hot, greased skillet or pan over med-low heat.
3. Let these cook slowly so they congeal. Flip once or twice.
4. Enjoy.
5. Go running!



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

1 comment:

  1. So true. I love your writing...so smart, honest, and fun to read!
    Your pumpkin pancakes post makes me want to start running!! ---Tara :)
    I am thankful that I have a job that makes me laugh and smile every day,and for my friends (near...far...old...new). :) And apple crumb pie!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML