Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Carrot Ginger Salad

I have fallen in love with the Carrot Ginger salad available for $7.99/lb on the Whole Foods salad bar.  While I was studying for boards, I could talk myself into buying and devouring half a pound in the name of time-efficient brain food... but boards are no more. So, this morning I endeavored to replicate it myself.

I LOVE this easy summer salad--it's sweet and tangy, which is increasingly finding a preferred place on my palate. It took me about 6 minutes to make, and this recipe easily makes enough to bring to a party, picnic, or potluck.  Enjoy!

 In other news (mostly because I took a vertical picture but don't have enough preamble to fill this space), the annual Chef Kefi and JetSet Kef trip (aka: Ferragosto) is a mere fortnight away, which means shenanigans and culinary delights will abound!


Ingredients 

For the salad:
  • 5 carrots, washed and ends chopped off 
  • 1 zucchini, washed and ends chopped off 
  • 2.5 inches ginger, peeled 
  • 4 cloves garlic
For the dressing: 
  • 5-6 TBS olive oil
  • 5-6 TBS sherry vinegaretter
  • 1.5 TBS honey

Assembly
1. Grate your carrots, zucchini, ginger, and garlic however you like--grater, food processor, pre-purchased, whatever.
2. In handfuls, squeeze out extra water from carrots and zucchini. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.
3. Combine grated vegetables in a big bowl.
4. Immediately before serving, combine olive oil, sherry, and honey in a small bowl and mix furiously with a fork. Pour over vegetables and serve.
 



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML